Cyrus Eaton Foundation
The ARts-Types of Initiatives we Support
The goal of life is rapture. Art is the way we experience it. Art is the transforming experience.
— Joseph Campbell
- Empowering students in the art of dance
- Providing free concerts to local communities
- Establishing a theatre enrichment program
- Providing an innovative childhood literacy and movement program
Conservation - Types of Initiatives We Support
The conservation of natural resources is the fundamental problem. Unless we solve that problem it will avail us little to solve all others.
— Theodore Rosevelt
- Developing long-term farm and food educational initiatives
- Funding an intern to mentor volunteers to help manage natural habitats
- Assisting in repurposing construction and debris sites into public recreational spaces
- Providing garden areas for New Americans to grow food
Health and Welfare - types of Initiatives we support
For he who has health has hope; and he who has hope, has everything.”
— Owen Arthur
- Assisting hunger programs Farm to Table
- Providing emergency shelter and basic needs to homeless citizens
- Purchasing strollers and cribs for low income parents
- Providing assistance for acute financial needs that result from a child's cancer diagnosis and treatment
Peace - Types of initiatives we support
Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only readily be achieved by understanding.
— Albert Einstein
- Building leadership skills of young people in building peace
- Introducing younger generation to principles and practices of the Pugwash Conferences on Science and World Affairs
- Providing opportunities for students to discuss the ethical, social and global implications of advances in science and technology and explore the pursuit of socially responsible careers involving science and technology
- Providing opportunities to bringing scientific insight and reason to bear on the catastrophic threat posed to humanity by nuclear and other weapons of mass destruction
Public Affairs- Types of Initiatives we support
In the face of impossible odds, people who love this country can change it.
― Barack Obama
- Encouraging business, civic, social and philanthropic leaders to meet in friendship and shared purpose, striving for the betterment of their organizations and local citizens
- Providing leadership opportunities and conflict resolution strategies for students
- Learning about civic responsibility and the vital role voting plays in electing engaged leaders
Science - types of Initiatives We Support
At a time when science plays such a powerful role in the life of society, when the destiny of the whole of mankind may hinge on the results of scientific research, it is incumbent on all scientists to be fully conscious of that role, and conduct themselves accordingly. I appeal to my fellow scientists to remember their responsibility to humanity.
― Joseph Rotblat
- Funding science experiment kits in schools to foster curiosity, making and testing predictions, and analyzing data
- Fostering an interest in medical and health professions as a viable career option through courses in biology, anatomy and physiology, and STEM based projects
- Providing hands-on experiences outdoors to cultivate gardens and learn about biology, eco-friendly fertilizer, and soil